- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a greased 8″x8″ (I use a 9×9, because that’s what I have and it seems to work fine…)
- Make 3 depressions (two small, one big) in the dry ingredients. Pour vanilla and vinegar in the smaller holes, and the oil in the large one.
- Pour water over all of it, and mix by hand until blended (it will be about the consistency of a box cake mix.)
- Bake in a 350 degree (F) oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Frost with the icing of your choice (or you can use a little powdered sugar through a sifter if you’re like me and forgot to buy the frosting, too!)